PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. USE OF THIS WEB SITE SIGNIFIES THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
1. Terms May Change. These terms and conditions may change at any time and such changes will be effective immediately upon posting. You should check these terms and conditions periodically because your continued use of the Web Site will be deemed acceptance of any modified terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the modified terms and conditions, you should discontinue use of the Web Site.
2. Governed By Laws of USA. Given the nature of the Internet, even though the Site is ordinarily targeted to United States of America ("USA") residents, it may be accessed in other parts of the world. If you are not a USA resident and yet use the Web Site, you acknowledge, understand and agree that you are doing so on your own initiative and at your own risk and that it is your responsibility (and not ours) to make sure that your use of the Web Site complies with all applicable local laws in the jurisdiction from where you access or use the Web Site. IF YOU ARE NOT A USA RESIDENT, BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON THE SITE, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER OF SUCH DATA TO THE USA, AND TO THE PROCESSING OF SUCH DATA ON SPE'S (OR ITS DESIGNATED VENDORS’) USA SERVERS, WHERE YOUR DATA WILL BE GOVERNED BY USA LAWS THAT MAY PROVIDE A LOWER (OR DIFFERENT) LEVEL OF DATA PROTECTION THAN YOUR COUNTRY.
3. Property of ION. This Web Site is owned by ION. The entire contents of this Web Site are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, republish, upload, post, sell, or make changes to any information or materials on this Web Site, without the prior written consent of ION, EXCEPT that you may print or download one copy of the information on this Web Site solely for your personal, non-commercial home use, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. Modification or use of this Web Site for any other purpose violates ION'S intellectual property rights.
4. Service. ION currently provides users with access to a rich collection of on-line resources, including, various communications tools, ION Kitchen, Give Hope, online forums, shopping services, personalized content and branded programming through its network of properties (the "Service"). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new ION properties, shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that ION assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
5. Use of Web Site at Your Own Risk. Your use of and browsing in the Web Site are at your risk. Neither ION nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Web Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Web Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Web Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. ION also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Web Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Web Site.
6. Your Information is Not Confidential. Any communication or material you transmit to the Web Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestion, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by ION or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, ION is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Web Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
7. Images. Images of people or places displayed on the Web Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, ION. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Web Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
8. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Web Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ION and others. The following trademarks, service marks, and trade names are among the marks owned by ION Media Networks and its affiliates: ION Media Networks, ION, ION Television, ION Television Positively Entertaining, ION Network, ION Kitchen, Give Hope, the drawing of the ION seal, the "i" logo and the call letters of the various ION television stations.
All other trademarks, service marks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. ION does not confer any license or right under any patent or trademark of ION or any third party.
9. Use at Your Own Risk; Linked Sites. ION has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Web Site and is not responsible for the content of any other sites linked to the Web Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk. At various points throughout the site you may be offered automatic links to other internet sites relevant to a particular aspect of this site. This does not indicate that ION or affiliates are necessarily associated with any of these other sites or their owners. While it is the intention of ION that you should find these other sites of interest, neither ION, nor affiliates, nor their or their affiliates' officers, employees and agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other sites or any information contained in them, none of which have been verified or endorsed by ION or affiliates. If at any time you find that you have accessed another site you may return to this site by clicking on the "backwards" arrow, or by keying in the domain address of ION (http://iontelevision.com).
10. ION Not Liable. All commerce engaged in by you on a website which is linked to from the ION websites will be governed and subject to the agreements, understandings and relationship between you and the vendor. Vendors that use the ION logos are parties to revenue sharing arrangements with ION, but are still liable to you for any returns or damages; ION is not in any way responsible for the conduct of these vendors.
Although ION may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Web Site, ION is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Web Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. ION will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing ION to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
11. Registration Data. In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or ION has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, ION has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
12. Content. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not ION, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. ION does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will ION be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You acknowledge that ION does not pre-screen Content, but that ION and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, ION and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by ION, in all parts of the Service.
ION makes an effort to keep the information on this Web Site reliable and accurate, but does not guarantee the reliability or accuracy of any of the information on either this site or on sites that are linked to this site. ION also does not guarantee that the files or information available for downloading are free of infection from viruses or other harmful components.
You acknowledge and agree that ION may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ION, its users and the public.
13. Advertisements. We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your Content and to use your Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
15. Restrictions on Use. You agree to not use the Service to:
a. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
b. harm minors in any way;
c. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a ION official, celebrity, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
d. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
e. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
f. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
g. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping rooms) that are designated for such purpose;
h. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
i. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
j. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
k. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
l. "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
m. collect or store personal data about other users.
16. Transmission. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
17. U.S. Export Laws. Software from this Web Site may be further subject to United States Export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. No software from this Web Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
18. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances will ION be liable for any damages (including, but not limited to, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages) arising out of the use of, or the inability to use, this Web Site, even if ION has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
20. Mobile. The Web Sites may include certain features and services that may be available via your mobile phone, including, without limitation: (a) the ability to upload to the Web Sites via your mobile phone (Mobile Uploads), (b) the ability to receive and reply to messages and to send content and messages using text messaging (Mobile Texts), and (c) the ability to access the Web Sites from your mobile phone (Mobile Web) (collectively, the "Mobile Services"). We typically do not charge for Mobile Services. Your carrier’s normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will, however, still apply. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Mobile Services and certain Mobile Services may be incompatible with your carrier or mobile device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. By using the Mobile Services you agree that we may communicate with you regarding the Website and our partners by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services will be communicated to us.
You agree that in connection with the Mobile Services for which you are registered for, we may send communications to your mobile device regarding us or other parties. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Mobile Services. If you have registered for Mobile Services, you agree to notify us of any changes to your mobile number and update your account(s) on the Websites to reflect this change.
You shall not link this Web Site to any other site without the express written approval of ION . If you are interested in obtaining such approval, please click here to go to the contact page.